How can we engage children in Primary Science Inquiry?
Pri-Sci-Net Final Conference
Malta 16-18 July 2014
The Pri-Sci-Net group invites you to its International Conference which will be held on 16-18 July 2014 in Malta. This conference will bring together the work and initiatives of the partnership during the past three years. As the project has been doing in the past three years, the conference will serve to bring together teachers and education researchers and to provide space to both groups to share their work, experiences and insights with respect to doing Inquiry science with children in the age range of 3-11 years.
The conference will include:
- Keynote speakers in science education:
- Dr. Lady Sue Dale Tunnicliffe, Institute of Education, University of London;
- Prof. Costas Costantinou, University of Cyprus.
- Do children have any need for science learning? What does existing research tell us?
- Keynote presentation by a young researcher working in the area of inquiry in primary science (winner of the Certificate of Excellence in Research in IBSE at primary level);
- Space for teachers and schools obtaining the Certificate of Excellence in IBSE at primary level to present and share their work in inquiry-science with other teachers; and
- Practical workshops in inquiry for teachers.
The conference is of interest to: primary school teachers; school leadership teams; primary science teacher trainers; primary science education researchers and all those who have a love for science and who wish to see young children inquire about the world around them!